Saturday, September 10, 2011

We stuffed that up

My boss was involved with some of the festivities to mark the opening of the Rugby World Cup, he left work early and when I said I thought I would be fine to leave at the usual time he raised his eyebrows and gave me a look that suggested I was mad. I responded by explaining everyone was using public transport and that had shaved 15 minutes off my trip into work that morning. I also felt it was important we kept the office open, well the boss read the situation we were in far better than me. From today's NZHerald







" For a Waiheke man who was relying on public transport to get him to the Rugby World Cup opening ceremony, it couldn't have gone more wrong last night.
Brian Brooke, of Waiheke, bought two tickets to last night's opening match with the main intention of watching the opening ceremony.
However, when Mr Brooke and his companion begun their journey yesterday afternoon at Waiheke Island's ferry terminal they were told the ferry was not carrying anyone to Auckland.
So, he decided to get his son to take the pair across the harbour on his boat, before trying to catch a train to Eden Park.
"The whole time we were there there was loud speaker announcements being made but you couldn't hear a word anyone was saying, it was just loud speaker announcements constantly and everyone looking at each other."
After waiting thirty minutes for a train and then thirty minutes on a train which was not moving they decided to make the hour-long walk to Eden Park. "





 Well excuse me  Auckland, he was not alone it was a problem for 2000 people who had bought tickets and I gather the tickets were on average about $400, they had been advised to use public transport unfortunately that effected my trip home. Auckland dropped the ball big time.


"Two areas of under-performance clearly require immediate attention. Auckland's public transport system failed to deliver to the required standard," Mr McCully said.




"In spite of reasonably successful trial events, there is no escaping the fact that last night's performance was short of the standard required. Urgent steps will now need to be taken to ensure that these matters are rectified before the next large Eden Park match next weekend."






This was a total fuck up and if the politicians left  / right &  local / national want to remain in office they should bloody fix it. If they fail to fix it they should not stand for re-election.

No comments:

Post a Comment